This dessert it is so fresh tasting and easy. The word ‘perfect’ is so overused in food writing but a slice of this when summer days are sweltering – yes, perfect.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed, plus more for topping if desired
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Hard shell chocolate ice cream topping (such as Magic Shell)
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Wash and cap 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl, and then mash them using a potato masher. Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spoon the mixture over the strawberry mixture, and then tamp it down by pressing gently with your fingertips. Fold the overhanging foil over the pan and freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Invert dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert, if using, or top with hard shell chocolate ice cream topping
Author: Heather | Sprinkle Bakes
Recipe Type : Frozen Dessert